[Dune] ALUGrid: double ghostnodes and communication

Markus Blatt Markus.Blatt at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Oct 19 11:37:33 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have a question regarding the communication of ALUGrid. We
experienced the case that some ghost nodes of the grids are
represented twice on the same processor. I.e. there are two ghost
nodes with the same global id on one processor.

Do they have the same local id?
What happens if we communicate data via the communication interface of
the ALUgrid, e.g. using the InteriorBorder_ALL_Interface?
Do both nodes receive the data, or does only one node receive and the
other does not receive anything?

Why is that the case?

Cheers,

Markus
--
Markus Blatt, Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing,
University Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 368, D-69120 Heidelberg

'Mathematics knows no races or geographic boundaries; for
mathematics, the cultural world is one country' - David Hilbert