[Dune] [Dune-Commit] dune-grid r7610 - trunk/dune/grid

Robert Kloefkorn robertk at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Apr 27 13:53:46 CEST 2011

> do you consider this tone appropriate?

Hello Christian,

yes i do. You did not open a flyspray nor ask any of the ALUGrid
developers whether is could be a bug or a known issue. I tested your
combinations (see b) below, a litte more information would have been
helpful) with two different ALUGrid Versions (1.23 and the trunk) with
the current dune-grid trunk. I don't have any problem at all and besides
I wasted more than one hour on the "bug" which turns out to be a problem
on your system. Until this is not a confirmed bug I would kindly ask you
to not introduce any quick hacks in code that was not developed by
yourself just because it's not running on your machine.
You can apply your patch locally to your private branch of your
dune-grid or whatever but don't mess with the common repository.

> b)
> Man kann ALUGrid nicht verwenden, wenn es parallel übersetzt ist,
> DUNE aber ohne MPI übersetzt ist. Es reicht allerdings nicht DUNE
> so zu konfigurieren, sondern man muss auch die MPI Falgs
> verwenden. Du kannst es leicht reproduzieren. Reverte meine
> Ändereungen an den Tests von heute, konfiguriere ALUGrid mit MPI
> and versuch die GenericGeometry Tests laufen zu lassen.

> I'm not in the mood of discussing this issue any further with you. I
> will open a bug report and reaply the patch until there is a better
> solution, either in dune-grid or in alugrid itself.
> You asked for a more detailed problem description and I provided you >
with these details.

In b) we see your detailed information which is actually not so detailed.

> I don't consider your behaviour cooperative, I always thought
> we are acting in concert.

I think you just have to learn that you are not playing the first
violin. So please start writing proper bug reports like anyone else does.

With my best regards,

Robert

--

  Dr. Robert Klöfkorn         <robertk at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>

  Mathematisches Institut              Tel: +49 (0) 761 203 5630
  Abt. für Angewandte Mathematik       Fax: +49 (0) 761 203 5632
  Universität Freiburg
  Hermann-Herder-Str. 10
  79104 Freiburg

  http://www.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de/IAM/homepages/robertk