[Dune] Release tarballs

Carsten Gräser graeser at math.fu-berlin.de
Mon Jun 6 14:26:00 CEST 2011

Hi all,

since the 2.1 release was already tagged more than a month ago I propose
to publish the release based on the tagged revision now. As the modules
where tested before and found to be in good shape there should be no risk.

In my opinion a further delay does not improve the situation. Any further
bugfixes should be included in the next (possibly soon) bugfix release.

Am 30.04.2011 11:11, schrieb Jö Fahlke:
> Am Fri, 29. Apr 2011, 22:22:27 +0200 schrieb Christian Engwer:
>> actually this is a bug in the module itself. We must have a
>> look. Actually no modules should include wml files anymore except
>> dune-web. The tarballs usually used the a simple layout, as they are
>> not published on the web site with the corresponding css files etc. in
>> place. Thus I expect the generated html files will look rather ugly.
>>
>> I'll have a look.
>
> I'll send you a link to my tarballs privately in case that helps.  Feel free
> to forward it to anyone interested, the only reason I'm not making it publicly
> available is that I want to avoid any possible confusion with the official
> tarballs, should they differ in the end.

This only seems to be unintended/inconvenient situation when creating the
tarball but not a bug in the created tarballs. So it's a good candidate to
be fixed in 2.1.1. If users want to create tarballs on there own without
wml/dune-web they simply have to wait for 2.1.1, otherwise they would have
to wait for 2.1 to just it.

Best,
Carsten