[Dune] boundary projection (Marco Cisternino)

Marco Cisternino marco.cisternino at optimad.it
Wed Jun 13 19:24:47 CEST 2012

Hi,
I'm debugging my code trying to insert Boundary Projection in parallel.
I'm doing it on a 3D ALUCubeGrid with 729 elements (9x9x9 elements)
Two issues:

Using just one proc:
during the insertion of boundary projection everything seems good; I
insert boundary projections for each element boundary face on just one
of the six sides of the grid, which means 81 faces; the factory shows me
(using a debugger and looking at the bndVec_ attribute of the grid) that
81 boundary faces are set to be projected; but when I create the grid
only a group of these faces (42) are really set for projection. Why??

Using two procs:
I declare the factory for every procs in the communicator and I insert
vertices, elements and boundaries using zero; everything works exactly
in the same way till the grid creation, with the same result, i.e. the
grid created on proc zero has the same projection problem I have with 1
proc; then I call the loadBalance method but on proc 1 the bndVec_ and
vertexProjection_ attributes, which are anyway incorrectly (42 in place
of 81!) set for proc zero, point to 0!!!

Am I doing something wrong?? I used for BoundaryProjection the same
logic I use for Vertices and Elements.
Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Marco