[Dune] Removal of deprecated VTKOptions

Martin Nolte nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Jun 14 16:19:55 CEST 2012

Hi Christian, hi Markus,

while I do see your point, I am forced to agree with Christoph. The removal
was announced and I am very happy that someone finds the time to remove this
stuff before we add new deprecations. If you want to stick to your old code,
use the release.

Of course, announcing such changes does allow people to react more
appropriately and should therefore be done. But, let's be honest: Who has ever
reacted before the commit?

Moreover, we have a revision control system, so we can always revert the
changes. I must admit, though, that I would be very interested in the
reactions to reverting the removal of a depreceted feature ;-).

In any case, we should really discuss communication (between developers) in
Münster. This seems to be a very crucial point for future development.

Best,

Martin