[Dune] Soft Tissue Deformation Models with Dune

Ofri Sadowsky sadowsky.o.phd at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 20:10:49 CET 2012

To the Dune community,

I am participating in a project involving tracking and estimating the
motions and deformations of the brain in an open-skull surgery.
Essentially, we have a stereo video stream, in which we detect and track
feature points, and estimate their 3D locations.  These locations would be
used first to define a rigid motion, and their residuals will define
boundary conditions for the deformation.

I would like to know if Dune contains the functionality needed for such an
objective, and if there is a performance estimation of the computation on
reasonable PC workstation (possibly multi-processor).  Of course, there is
a variety of ways to define the model type and solution method.  The
simplest one we had in mind was a mesh of springs.  But we can use more
sophisticated models if they are useful.

I will be happy to add more information on the problem if it is requested.

Sincerely,

--
Ofri Sadowsky, PhD
Computer Science Consulting and Training

Tel: +972-77-3436003
Mob: +972-54-3113572