[Dune] Soft Tissue Deformation Models with Dune

Dedner, Andreas A.S.Dedner at warwick.ac.uk
Mon Mar 19 23:42:17 CET 2012

Hi,

thats really a rather difficult question to answer - even
if I did know exactly what your model is. But without exactly the model and its size...

I think the Galleries on the dune homepage give you a good
idea of some of the things that have been done with dune -
or at least of what is directly available.

If dune is efficient enough - depends on the size of your
problem  and on how complex your model is to be.
If your problem involves
some type of computation using unstructured grids then dune should be similar in performance to other packages (as far as
I know). If you can use Cartesian grids and finite-difference methods then probably dune is not the efficient choice.

That's the best information I can give. There are some dune school which you might want to attend there you can discuss your problem directly with people developing dune. There is a scbool in Heidelberg, Germany (quite sone), there is one in Warwick, UK in July and in Stuttgart sometime later this year.

Best
Andreas