[Dune] Building DUNE failed

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Fri Apr 12 10:47:28 CEST 2013

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 08:30:01AM +0200, Andreas Buhr wrote:
> On 04/12/2013 08:08 AM, shailesh borkar wrote:
> >Hello sir, I changed the permission of dunecontrol file and made it
> >executable, but after executing the command
> >"./dune-common/bin/dunecontrol all",  i got the error:
> >bash: ./dune-common/bin/dunecontrol: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No
> >such file or directory.
>
> this means that your files got Windows line endings.

Please note that we currently do not support Windows and therefore
almost never tested it there. Having said that, it still might be
possible to build DUNE on windows. See
e.g. http://www.dune-project.org/faq.html

Your chances of DUNE have just increased, as we added CMake support to
the core modules in the last days. I would recommend to try to use if
you are interested in using DUNE on Windows and report whether that
worked. See
http://users.dune-project.org/projects/cmakedune/wiki/Status#Manually-building-DUNE-with-CMake
on how to do this.

Please report back if and how you were successful.
Cheers,

Markus

--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658