[Dune] GSOC-2013

Sai kiran saikiran.pesit at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 15:00:37 CEST 2013

Dear Sir,

I have looked into the GSOC projects that are offered by the organization
"Distributed and Unified Numerics Environment (DUNE)". In the list of Ideas
page the project that i found interesting was "Implement Inserter concept
for the DUNE's (SPARSE) Matrices".

Then i went through the details of the Project which was very much closer
to the Projects that i did till now.

Projects that i did :

1 - Implementation Sparse matrix by Linked list : The project uses Linked
List as a Data Structure and provides a basic operations related to
Matrices like addition, multiplication of 2 matrices, transpose of a Matrix
etc. We used a structure where a non-zero value of a element in a matrix is
only stored in the memory – which is the case of matrices used in
Scientific calculations. Project is implemented using C as a programming
language.

2 - Implement Solution to a system of linear equations : Developed a
project to find the Solution to a system of linear equations using SPARSE
MATRIX as a Data Structure as a Mini-Project in 4th Semester for
“Algorithms and Design Analysis” course using C under
guidance of Prof. N S Kumar. In this implementation we used the Gaussian
Elimination
technique on the Data Structure – Sparse Matrix that I developed in 3rd
semester.

3 - Generic TRIE Data Structure - This is the project that i loved the most
when implementing using c++ 11 and stl features. Tree structure used uses
Left child Right Sibling structure to implement Trie.

Publications:

Paper on E-Learning named - "Context Based Generation of Weight and
Strength for Keywords of Technical Paragraphs" has been accepted at The *9th
eLearning and Software for Education Conference - eLSE 2013* - organized by
the Romanian Advanced Distributed Learning Association.
The Conference will be held on next week where my paper will be published.

So sir i will be really glad to work for this project. waiting for your
reply.....

--
Saikiran A

6th Semester,