[Dune] DuMuX question

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Tue Dec 3 09:55:22 CET 2013

Hi Adriano,

On Tue, Dec 03, 2013 at 12:38:26AM -0800, Adriano Rosa wrote:
> Hello, my name is Adriano and I'm currently doing my Master's thesis in
> Petroleum Eng.
> In my thesis I have to compare different reservoir simulation software, and
> I've already used all the commercial software available and now would like
> to test open-source software in order to compare the production results.
>
> I'm new to DuMuX but from what I have read in the DuMuX Handbook, DuMuX
> does not allow you to introduce wells to your reservoir and does not give
> you a output with all the production data such as WOPT, WOPR, WBHP etc.
>
> I would appreciate any feedback about this, and if it is indeed possible to
> implement the wells and output the production results please show me how to.

I cannot help you with DuMux, but I am sure that there are people from the
project on their own list
https://listserv.uni-stuttgart.de/mailman/listinfo/dumux that will
help you..

As you seem to be specifically interested in  reservoir engineering,
you might also want to check out The Open Porous Media Initiative (OPM),
based on DUNE, that thrives to be an alternative to commercial
resevoir engineering tools. http://www.opm-project.org please contact
them directly on their list
http://www.opm-project.org/mailinglists.php if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

Markus
--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658