[Dune] has the grid been adapted??

Martin Nolte nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jun 7 16:13:27 CEST 2013

Hi Marco,

the information "might be coarsened" is binding for the grid, i.e., if
preAdapt returns false, then adapt will not coarsen the grid. If adapt then
says the grid has not been refined, the grid has not changed.

However, it is perfectly ok for the grid to always return true on preAdapt and
adapt, as this will not have an impact on the correctness of the solution.
This would, of course, degrade performance.

Best,

Martin

--
Dr. Martin Nolte <nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>

Universität Freiburg                                   phone: +49-761-203-5630
Abteilung für angewandte Mathematik                    fax:   +49-761-203-5632
Hermann-Herder-Straße 10
79104 Freiburg, Germany