[Dune] Dune on OS X 10.9 Mavericks?

Jurgis Pods jurgis.pods at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Nov 4 17:39:43 CET 2013

Hi Christoph,

I recently switched to Mavericks, but I haven't tried to compile Dune
yet. However, I had the libalugrid issue before Mavericks, so I can
definitely confirm it. My workaround was the same you used: Commenting
out libalugrid in Makefile.am's.

I had a similar error in another place for a pretty basic system tool (I
can't remember which one), because the tool provided by OS X did not
take the same arguments than that from Debian. My workaround was to
install the tool version from MacPorts instead, so this might also work
for the issue with 'ar' - but I did not try this.

Best,
Jurgis