[Dune] Dune on OS X 10.9 Mavericks?

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Nov 4 17:48:41 CET 2013

Hi Christoph,

Am 04.11.2013 um 17:39 schrieb Jurgis Pods:

> Hi Christoph,
>
> I recently switched to Mavericks, but I haven't tried to compile Dune
> yet. However, I had the libalugrid issue before Mavericks, so I can
> definitely confirm it. My workaround was the same you used: Commenting
> out libalugrid in Makefile.am's.

yes, I've had to work around this ALUGrid problem as well, but I think that's not
Mac-specific. I've used the same workaround as Jurgis.

> I had a similar error in another place for a pretty basic system tool (I
> can't remember which one), because the tool provided by OS X did not
> take the same arguments than that from Debian. My workaround was to
> install the tool version from MacPorts instead, so this might also work
> for the issue with 'ar' - but I did not try this.

Mavericks works fine for me, but which Toolchain do you use? I've never tried
to use the system clang with libc++, because that makes it impossible to use
GCC as well. Unfortunately, you need a slightly hacky wrapper script around
clang to convince it to use the stdlib from Macports GCC...

Steffen