[Dune] Dune on OS X 10.9 Mavericks?

Christoph Grüninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Nov 13 14:35:19 CET 2013

Hi Steffen,
installing Dune, PDELab, and DuMuX worked well with gcc-mp-4.8 from
macports. But I got a linker error
concerning tolower(int) in dune/common/parametertree.hh when I tried to
compile a DuMuX program. The same problem occurs with dune-common's
parametertreetest.
I think it is related to incompatible C++ libraries.

> Mavericks works fine for me, but which Toolchain do you use? I've never tried
> to use the system clang with libc++, because that makes it impossible to use
> GCC as well. Unfortunately, you need a slightly hacky wrapper script around
> clang to convince it to use the stdlib from Macports GCC...

Could you please give some details? I installed libgcc from macports,
that's all I needed to get make for all modules done.

Thanks in advance,
Christoph

--
Une science n'était vraiment développée que quand elle
pouvait utiliser les mathématiques.    (Paul Lafargue)