[Dune] CurvilinearGridAPI: Implementation of EntityTags and BoundaryIterators

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Fri Dec 19 11:10:45 CET 2014

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 12:57:10PM +0100, Aleksejs Fomins wrote:

> 2) There is a whole set of calculations that can be performed by
> iterating over the boundary of the grid, be it domain boundary or
> interprocessor boundary. In our electromagnetic code, to this point we
> have used the EntityIterator->IntersectionIterator->boundary() and
> ->neighbor(), thus looping over all elements, then over all
> intersections of the element, and only performing certain operations if
> the faces of the element were not the internal faces. This operation
> could be significantly accelerated, if it was possible to directly
> iterate over DomainBoundaries and/or ProcessBoundaries. Is there
> currently a way to perform this operation. If not, then we would like to
> construct such iterators in CurvilinearGrid. We suggest classes
> DomainBoundaryIterator and ProcessBoundaryIterator. We appreciate your
> suggestions

Normally these boundary intersections are somewhat special, but not
that much. What I mean is you calculations on other intersections,
too, but the once on the boundary are a bit different. In this case
looping over all elements and intersections and adapting the
computation does not hurt much. Is this really different in your case?

Markus
--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858