[Dune] Reading arbitrary polygonal meshes in Dune

Andreas Dedner a.s.dedner at warwick.ac.uk
Thu Feb 26 13:02:02 CET 2015

Hi.
The main problem is not the grid type or the factory but that you need
an actual
grid implementation that can handle these general meshes. ALU and SPGrid
etc.
can only handle cubes and simplex elements and that is the only geometry
types
they can understand in their GridFactory.

So for something more general you need to provide a new grid
implementation that
allows for more general grid types. The geometry type of these elements
would be
"none" and probably you would also be implementing only part of the
geometry interface.
Something along those lines was done in the CornerPointGrid implementation.
https://github.com/OPM/dune-cornerpoint

Best
Andreas