[Dune] Breakdown in GMRes

Agnese, Marco m.agnese13 at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Mar 19 17:40:03 CET 2015

Hi Duners,
what is the meaning of this error message?

Dune reported error: ISTLError [apply:/usr/local_machine/dune-trunk/dune-istl/dune/istl/solvers.hh:1273]: breakdown in GMRes - |w| == 0.0 after 2 iterations

I am using Dune::RestartedGMResSolver< X, Y, F > and I am solving a stationary problem. For some reason the solver computes the correct solutions for some time steps and then I obtain this error. But the system which I am solving should be exactly the same (up to a certain digit).

Thank you very much,
cheers,
Marco.