[Dune] Is anyone using AlbertaGrid with -DDUNE_ALBERTA_CACHE_COORDINATES=0 ?

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Thu Sep 24 11:39:42 CEST 2015

Am Thu, 24. Sep 2015, 08:35:04 +0200 schrieb Martin Nolte:
> Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 08:35:04 +0200
> From: Martin Nolte <nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>
> To: dune at dune-project.org
> Subject: Re: [Dune] Is anyone using AlbertaGrid with
>  -DDUNE_ALBERTA_CACHE_COORDINATES=0 ?
>
> Hi Jö,
>
> actually, I wanted to switch the default once ALBERTA 2.0 is gone. As of
> version 3,0, ALBERTA can always pass the coordinates to our entities (even
> though they might not be needed).
>
> From what I remember, however, the code should be view thread-safe (unless
> you migrate entity or geometry objects between threads. But I must admit
> that I have not fully understood your proposal, yet.

Well, it allows migrating objects between threads, and even using them from
multiple threads concurrently, as long as these uses are not modifications.  I
guess I'll have a closer look at the Alberta implementation, then.

Is there anything in particular about the proposal, which you would like
clarification on, or do you want to postpone that to the meeting?

Regards,
Jö.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Institute for Computational und Applied Mathematics,
University of Münster, Orleans-Ring 10, D-48149 Münster

Das Erststudium soll bis zum berufsqualifizierenden Abschluss
gebührenfrei bleiben, also bis zur Erlangung der Taxi-Lizenz.
-- Akrützel, Ausgabe vom 16.5.2002 (www.akruetzel.de)