[Dune] Is anyone using AlbertaGrid with -DDUNE_ALBERTA_CACHE_COORDINATES=0 ?

Martin Nolte nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Sep 24 13:09:15 CEST 2015

Hi Jö,

up to now, I have only read your proposal once (lack of time). There seem to
be some subtle points in it and I have to think through more thoroughly. I'd
suggest to talk on sunday.

For Alberta, I think the crucial point is that entity and geometry objects may
only be read by another thread. The subtle point is that AlbertaGrid uses
shallow copies (not thread-safe up to now). So, surprisingly, you cannot count
copying a read-only operation. But I think you already anticipated this problem.

As ALBERTA internals might also be involved in this discussion, I would
suggest a small discussion between Claus Heine, you and me (and everyone
interested).

Best,

Martin

--
Dr. Martin Nolte <nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>

Universität Freiburg                                   phone: +49-761-203-5630
Abteilung für angewandte Mathematik                    fax:   +49-761-203-5632
Hermann-Herder-Straße 10
79104 Freiburg, Germany