[Dune] dynamic_cast cost

Marco Cisternino marco.cisternino at optimad.it
Thu Nov 17 10:34:32 CET 2016

Thank you Christoph,
unfortunately, I have no time to porting the code to the newer versions of dune.
In any case, I don't think it is a problem, I would say it is the way dune did the iterations on the intersections.
I don't know if the newer versions changed the way to do this. In 2.4 it is exactly the same thing (same line same file different location in dune folders)!
I don' t think it is a matter of version, but I didn't see the 2.5...
Anyone using alugrid in any version until 2.4.1 can experience the cost of this dynamic_cast by looping over the intersections. Am I wrong?
However, thank you for your reply.
Bests,

Marco Cisternino, PhD
marco.cisternino at optimad.it
OPTIMAD Engineering srl
Via Giacinto Collegno 18, Torino, Italia.
+3901119719782
www.optimad.it