[Dune] Is anyone using the FMatrixHelp/DynamicMatrixHelp eigenvalue functions?

Oliver Sander oliver.sander at tu-dresden.de
Tue Jul 3 09:57:35 CEST 2018

Hi Jö,

> - fmatrixev.hh:
>   - FMatrixHelp::eigenValues<dim, K>() for dim > 3
>   - FMatrixHelp::eigenValuesNonSym()

I don't think I currently use them.  However, these very days I was toying around
with the idea of using them to implement the Golub-Welsch algorithm for computing
Gauß quadrature points.  This does not mean that I veto the removal.  I don't
think that the implementation in dune-common is particularly pretty, and
I am not sure that dune-common is the best place for this kind of advanced
numerical linear algebra.