[Dune] Module not showing while creating project

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Mon Jul 16 21:53:25 CEST 2018

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 11:47:28AM +0530, Ranjeet Kumar Singh wrote:
>   I have install core dune modules(2.4.1) from ubuntu synaptic package
> manager. Some of other modules like omp-common, opm-grid were installed
> from source file as:
>
> 1. dunecontrol all
> 2. sudo dunecontrol make install.

Which location did you install to (CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX)?

> These modules installed successfully. However, when i create project using
> duneproject command, the modules i installed from source file are not
> showing.

That means that they are installed in a different location than the core
modules. We cannot really guess where.

> I tried exporting "export DUNE_CONTROL_PATH=path_to_dune.module"
> in bashrc file but it doesn't work. Could you please tell me how to add
> path of new installed module?

Did you start a new shell are you sure it is bash? It should work.
Try "export DUNE_CONTROL_PATH=path_to_dir_where_you_installed:/usr"
But you have
to provide both the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX and the location where the core modules are installed (probably /usr). DUNE_CONTROL_PATH should be a list of paths which have the dune.module files in some subdirectory. Assuming that that the
core modules are below /usr and you install your modules to $HOME/opt, then
export DUNE_CONTROL_PATH=/usr:$HOME/opt should work.

Cheers,

Markus

Pedettistr. 38, 85072 Eichstätt, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858