[dune-fem] Compiling problems without errors

Andrea Capolei acap at imm.dtu.dk
Mon Dec 3 13:26:26 CET 2012

Hi everybody,

I discover a problem in installing the "dune-fem" and "dune-fem-howto" modules. Essentially the compiler  is not compiling any of the examples and tutorials. The compilation process is not giving any error. I noticed that during the "dune-fem-howto" compilation, sometimes it reports that that there is nothing to compile (e.g. "make[6]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.") I noticed this also during the "dune-fem" module compilation.

This is how I proceeded.

To install DUNE I first downloaded (last tarballs versions) the following modules in the DUNE directory:

dune-fem        dune-grid            dune-istl
dune-fem-howto  dune-grid-dev-howto  dune-localfunctions
dune-common   dune-geometry   dune-grid-howto

Then I made a config file "file.opts" that contains only a line to avoid to compile the doxygen documentation (i.e.  CONFIGURE_FLAGS="--disable-documentation"). I found this necessary because "dune-fem" module get an error in compiling the documentation.

Finally I installed DUNE using
sudo ./dune-common/bin/dunecontrol --opts=file2.opts all

sudo ./dune-common/bin/dunecontrol --opts=file2.opts make install

The process finish without errors. What happen then is that I can run without problems the examples contained in the "dune-grid-howto" module but I can't run the examples contained in the "dune-fem-howto".

Can somebody help me in understanding what is going on?

Thanks,
    Andrea