[dune-fem] Error linking UMFPACK

Agnese, Marco m.agnese13 at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Jun 16 12:24:04 CEST 2014

Thank you very much for you suggestions.
I partially resolved the issue. I added $(UMFPACK_CPPFLAGS) and this works fine.
The linking stage does NOT work yet. Indeed I added $(UMFPACK_LDADD) and $(UMFPACK_LDFLAGS) but it does not link correct.
The issue is that this two variables just link -lumfpack but since my UMFPACK is inside SuiteSparse I need also -lamd -lsuitesparseconfig -lcholmod -lcolamd -lccolamd -lcamd.
How I can deal with it?

Moreover I think it would make sense that duneproject ask you which dependencies of external libraries you want to add. It would be much more userfriendly than modify manually a configuration file. I can not implement this feature since I am not confident with the build chain but I think it is a very simple change.

Cheers,
Marco