[dune-functions] [Dune-functions-commit] [Commit] dune-functions - e7abafb: Add protocol for Aachen meeting

Oliver Sander sander at igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Mar 26 18:12:51 CET 2014

> this possible non-consecutive indices are not a real problem. An other
> example is, at least in our current design, if you have a
> multi-physics problem. Then the locak tree contains all spaces for all
> sub-domains, but only the correct sub-tree is in a bound state. This
> is necessary in order to keep the C++ types fixed.

I keep thinking that we may not want to support multi-physics problems
in this way.  It appears to make life much more difficult.
Multiplying two spaces defined on two different domains is something
different than multiplying two spaces on the same domain after all,
in that the product space is not isomorphic to a vector-valued space
on the common domain.  Maybe we should treat multi-physics be a
separate mechanism?
Cheers,
Oliver

In this situation