[Dune] UGGrid in parallel

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Tue Oct 23 18:49:13 CEST 2007

If I remember correctly I had static load balancing running, the
parallel element level iterators, and a rudimentary element-wise
communication.  Not really enough to do serious computations.
Also I haven't looked at the stuff in ages and some details of Dune and
UG have changed since.  I'd be suprised if those few features still
worked.

Dorian Krause schrieb:
> I'm sorry, the first link is wrong. This is the right one:
>     http://lists.dune-project.org/pipermail/dune/2005-April/000623.html
>
> Regards
>
> Dorian Krause schrieb:
>
>> Dear dune-developers/users,
>>
>> I would like to use Dune::UGGrid in parallel. On the project-homepage it
>> is said that UGGrid doesn't support parallel computations yet. On this
>> mailing-list I found some posts which say
>> a) it is possible
>> (http://lists.dune-project.org/pipermail/dune/2006-November/001965.html)
>> and
>> b) the interface is incomplete
>> (http://lists.dune-project.org/pipermail/dune/2006-November/001964.html)
>>
>> Could you tell me about the current possibilities/limitations? Is the
>> interface incomplete because of heavy problems or simply because of a
>> lack of time (so that I could fix it by myself)?
>>
>> Btw, do you prefer any language on this mailinglist or do you have some
>> "rule" whether to use german/english?
>>
>> Thanks for all answers.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Dorian Krause

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75217           *
* Institut für Mathematik II   ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *